Saturday, July 27, 2013

Well that was slightly morose

But things can only get better, neh?  So here it is, your moment of zen:

Dear Amy: I am a wife (10 years) and mother of a school-age daughter. A year ago we moved halfway across the country to start a new life and for my husband's career. This year we will finally go back "home" for Christmas to visit family.
My parents are divorced. Although it happened some time ago, the resentment between them is still pretty raw.
I have three other siblings (ages 17-24), and we all feel tugged back and forth and torn between parents. I only have 10 days during the holidays to make up for a year of not seeing everyone, but I am already starting to get anxious and worried that I will upset either parent.
They do not do a good job of making any of us feel flexible to spend time with whomever we please. Their faces say it all; sometimes their words say it too.
I just want to have a nice vacation, especially for my daughter's sake, but I still feel like a kid in a divorced home. How do I let go of those feelings and just be OK with visiting who I want, when I want, without fear of disappointing everyone? — Already Scrooge

Dear your parents are going to hell because divorce is a sin,

Well this is a break from traditional WPP (white people problems)...let me see...there are 4 siblings of two divorced parents, one with a child (aka the grandchild)...the parents are still pissed off about it (the divorce, not the grandchild...I think)...hmmm.  Well, you sound like you're an adult.  I trust this means you can tell your parents "hey mom/dad, oddly enough I love the both of you since together the two of you created me and the three amigos, and thus are somewhat responsible for el daughtero so I'd really preesh-it if you could either put your differences aside for TEN FRIGGIN DAYS (aka <3% of the year) or not throw such a temper tantrum when we visit dad/mom...because, unlike you, we still like them.  we do. #DealWithIt" So yeah that's what I'd do.  Say that word for word (include your twitter hashtag, of course).  But seriously, this still seems like an awesome problem to have.  I can only imagine if Amy was in Sarajevo or something in the 90s..."Dear Amy: I am a wife, and my husband moved away to the Serbian Killing Fields for work, and my parents are still pissed off at each other because of their divorce years ago resulting from Hrvatska-Serbia regional conflicts.  My husband's blatant war crimes aren't helping diffuse the tension. I think I just saw a young girl gangraped and then massacred into tiny bits by machetes.  I just want to have a nice vacation, especially for my daughter's sake. Wat Do"

Dear Amy: There is a woman I work with who is just amazing. She's smart, funny, gorgeous, sweet and just all-around awesome!
I've told her I liked her, and she responded with, "I'm not looking for a relationship now."
My question is, what do I do now? She isn't looking for a relationship now, but she may in the future, right?
I don't want to seem like I'm trying to force a relationship on her. I don't want to come on too strong.
Your advice? — Cuddly Colleague

Dear context clues motherfucker do you use them,

So you told homegirl you liked her.  She said "nah not my thang atm thx tho." WHERE IS THE FUCKING POINT OF CONFUSION.  This is polite talk for "nigga gtfo i like you but i dont like like you and this is me being polite kthxbai" HOW THICK ARE YOU

Dear another white person,

Bummer for the loss, mate.  He potentially was probably a good person.  I don't know any Indian that feels entitled, because my Dad has excitedly been figuring out how much I owe him...only thing I feel entitled to is lunch...shoot I woke up at 6 its been two hours is it lunchtime yet

#OppaSuarezStyle #BiteBiteBiteBite #BiteEmSuarezStyle





No comments:

Post a Comment