Tuesday, July 9, 2013

So first of all thanks you guys for helping me figure out what someone from Raleigh is called.  I know at least one of you read this, and your outstanding reading comprehension skills have been noted.  So thanks for that.

Also, I'm really impressed by JK Rowling (or really worried about me...) because I was reading Harry Potter (as has been noted) since I was...wait I don't need to justify myself to you fuck you I was reading Harry Potter.  Well either way I was reading the part where Harry's killing Voldemort right.  And like I was at the part where boom Harry aint dead and he's dueling Voldy and he just starts verbally abusing the SHIT out of Voldemort and I'm legitimately sitting here going "woah what a douche Voldemort's got feelings too yaknow" and I was just getting angrier and angrier at Harry for being such an asshole and I was feeling so sorry for Voldemort and I just wanted to go hug him and be like "its aite lil man shit'll be better tomorrow" then I realized who I was feeling sorry for and I was immediately more concerned about me than Voldy.  And that got me thinking, either JK Rowling really maxed out on the ethos, or I'm a crazy person.

It has also come to my attention that when Bassi! reads this blog he ctrl-f's his name, so I've decided if I ever refer to B@assil's name, I'm going to not spell it correctly so the only way he'll know if he's mentioned is if he actually reads it.  So hows bout dem apples, Doug Gilmore.

Yesterday Tennessee emailed me a confirmation of my acceptance.  I was thoroughly confused, because I assumed the time they sent me a confirmation of my acceptance back in April when I accepted the funding offer would suffice as a confirming document, but whatever now its super-official.  Which I suppose explains why I no longer owe the University of Tennessee $14,320.

And the best part of this whole process so far is that even though I got into the school I wanted to go to (TAMU) I'm somehow not depressed about the whole situation (if, for some reason, you don't see the parallel, remind me to gently beat you with the baseball cap I've worn for the past 4 years).  Probably because the major academic reason I was so psyched about TAMU (and the reason they took me, most likely) isn't as appealing to me anymore, once I looked at the software packages again.  As much as I'd have loved to gig 'em, I'd much rather not do hard things.  For inherently obvious reasons.

Chatted up my boy Harry the other day, we devised some super whack ideas on how to bro out some more...I realized recently that if I continue living like I did the last 2 years, I can afford to do more awesome things, so I've reopened some plans Ryan and I have been too lazy to followthrough on and talked to my boy Harry about hitting up the west coast, so I'm pretty stoked about grad school again.  Now at this point in the narrative, you may be thinking, Ashwin, all you've said is that the primary academic reason you applied to grad school has changed, and your only other defining interest is getting paid.  True.  There is truth to this.  It's probably because I tried to review some enginuurin' and it seemed way the fuck too hard, so I'm just trying to ignore dealing with 500-level classes and doing research without having a grad student to run to for help because I AM that grad student and then writing a thesis for my MS then taking the PhD qualifiers ALRIGHT FUCK YOU GUYS.  I try to have a simple conversation with you guys where I replace your voices with logical counterpoints and it all went to hell.  I'm sure there's some not-so-subtle meaning there.

Also, I'm getting SUPER angry with Real Madrid right now.  If it weren't for the fact that unemployment in Spain for young'uns is like 45% I'd bash them more, but #holycrap that's depressing.

#FreeGonzo

No comments:

Post a Comment