Saturday, July 6, 2013

Ahhhhh my kryptonite...stupidity

http://feminspire.com/why-the-big-bang-theory-makes-me-cringe/

Courtesy of r/feminism.

I hate that place, yet I can't stop going back...it's ridiculously entertaining how crazy these people are.

There's a big difference between equal treatment/rights (which I'm all for), and bitches writing stupid articles like this complaining about the oddest problems.

Oh no, this FICTIONAL tv show whose humour is BASED UPON RIDICULOUS STEROTYPES is insulting? to you? how, exactly?

No, really, clearly I'm missing something, because I'm Indian and Raj doesn't offend me.  At all.  Probably because I'm, oh, I don't know, NOT A FUCKING MORON.

But seriously, so the problem is that Penny is portrayed as a stereotypical blond?  And the problem with this is what, exactly? The 'inaccuracy' of it all? No, that can't be right, stereotypes aren't just "made up" they are derived from somewhere...and call me crazy, but last I checked of the women on that show...

- one is a neurobiologist (and IRL too with a PhD from UCLA)
- one is a PhD in microbiology "doing" pharmaceutical science
- one is a "world renowned" psychologist
- Penny
- crazy nutjob Christian woman from Texas
- fellow Caltech physicist

OH I GET IT KNOW! The show is sexist because...actually, no I still don't understand.  Three of them are super-smart scientist folk, another is a shrink, which is impressive insofar as it requires schooling, leaving Penny and Sheldon's mother.  Wait is the sexism that they aren't 'standard nerds'? That they don't understand comic books, video games, etc whereas some women in real society do? Is that the sexism? That six women on a FUCKING TELEVISION SHOW don't represent all 3 billion women on this planet? Is that the problem?

Is the feminist slogan "When In Doubt, Overreact!"?

Look, no one is saying that shows like "Two and a Half Men" (back with that #winning nut) is a glorious example of open-mindedness and equality, but considering that, once again, IT. IS. A. GOD. DAMN. TV. SHOW. how about you solve actual feminist problems?

And don't give bullshit answers like "for every man hired a woman should be hired" NO NO NO NO NO.  That isn't equality, equality would be considering all applicants EQUALLY regardless of gender, and hiring THE BEST FIT, whether its a white male or an Indian (let's be real, if this policy ACTUALLY was implemented Microsoft would be full of Indians, Chinese and East Europeans).

Ohmigod I'm going crazy I hate this shit.

And yet I'll be back at r/feminism bright and early tomorrow.

#KeepCalm

No comments:

Post a Comment