Tuesday, June 18, 2013

TB or not TB, that is the question...apparently

So for UTK, I have to fill out some medical paperwork showing all of the vaccinations and medicines that I've taken over the years.  Nothing unusual about it, I think I had to do the same for Cal and NCSU, so whatevs nbd.

So I've lived in Tokyo, and visited India a few times (omg unexpected/10).  Now, UTK had a list of countries with significant TB rates (>20 per 100000 peeps, from the WHO/UN), and surprise! India was on that list.  But interestingly enough, so was Japan.  Def didn't see that coming, but seeing as India is on that list, I'm pretty sure it doesnt matter that I lived in Japan.  So I had to fill out some other forms, and UTK is losing their shit that I've been to the #ThirdWorld and all of the medical concerns that raises.

That's some top notch detective work, Tennessee.  CLEARLY I have tuberculosis, malaria, ebola and the hivvy.  Haven't been out of the country in 9 years, so I must have some super-dormant strains just waiting to infect erebody in Knoxville.  Clearly I'm a significant health risk, and more tests to confirm I'm not dying from any of the diseases I don't have is necessary.

My father's expert analysis on the situation: "TB is a joke, and besides, let's just lie.  They won't know"

You're damn right, vader.  Obviously Africa just doesn't get the punchline.


Oh and yesterday was fun...I was at the AT&T store tryna get some internets set up for the new 'shwinpad, and they were being total douches about all these extra fees.  But luckily ol' Vader came with, and as some of you know, he worked for Alcatel-Lucent, and specifically on all the networking infrastructure (blah blah blah hell if i know just some hardcore EE shit) with the AT&T U-verse project.  So while they're trying to bullshit their way into 200 bucks worth of "activation" and "setup" fees, Pops just splits a fuse and yells at them for 20 minutes about how UVerse really works and how it doesn't take 200 bucks to plug shit into a wall and flip a switch.  So the AT&T salesclowns meekly agreed to wave all fees.

#NeverGetIntoABattleOfWitsWithAnIndianWhenMoneyIsOnTheLine

No comments:

Post a Comment