Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Once two strangers climbed ol' Rocky Top...

38 hour Knoxville round trip, noteworthy events I remember:

Chapter 1: My Very Next Boy...

Woke up at 5 am, left at 6.  Google says it takes 6 hours to get there.  Hotel check-in at 3 pm.  In theory, you leave such that you arrive around hotel check-in time (aka get more sleep before you leave...) but whatever.

Left at 6, next 4 hours went as follows: drive drive drive some factory plant appears on the side of the road "HEY CHEMICAL ENGINEER TELL ME ABOUT THIS" *slaps me on the back* drive drive drive

Got to Asheville, mountains begin.  drive drive drive *mountainous curves* *FLIPS SHIT ABOUT MOUNTAINS AND ROCKS FALLING AND DYING* drive drive *MORE SHIT-FLIPPING* drive drive drive

But we made it to Knoxville at around 12:30, two and a half hours before check-in.  Brilliant.

Chapter 2: I'mma name it Peyton...

So whatever, we're there 3 hours early.  NBD went to lunch.  Now you may be thinking, new town, should probs go check out some local place of interest or something.

NOPE WE WENT TO AN #INDIAN RESTAURANT.  #YOLO

Then we drove around some more, looking at things, my Dad complaining about the Kingston Pike (their version of Capital with a less shady vibe), and we discovered something awesome.

Something truly, truly awesome.

Gas at the Exxon by my house: tree fiddy (nine)
Gas at the Exxon by el hotel-o: tree nineteen

I am genetically superior to you all at math, so let me do it for you: HOMESLICE THAT IS 40 QUALITY CENTS PER GALLON.  YOU FILL A TANK UP WITH 15 GALLONS YOUSE LOOKIN AT SIX (that's six in french, you uncultured swine) DOLLAROOS (that's dollars in australian, you boorish pigs).

Then we drove around from complex to complex.  Now that I think about it, this trip wasn't terribly exciting, because we were just working the whole time.  Only other highlight of interest is that I bought LB a ballin UTK mug, turns out I need to sign some forms with DHS, and I found an apartment near I-40 in a good 'hood for a badass price.

BOY, GIRL, GOTTA NAME IT PEYTON.

No comments:

Post a Comment