Wednesday, June 19, 2013

And a DNA test shows...

YOU ARE NOT THE TB-HAVER!















'preesh the heads up Dr. Povich.  I think that I committed some sort of medical perjury though, because my Doc injected me with something that looked awfully like saline, and immediately concluded that I don't have TB (since I clearly don't, but UTK requires me to have a test thanks to India and somehow Japan).  I think these tests usually take 2-3 days, and she pronounced me clean of TB like 2 minutes later, after going to get some water.

I'm not concerned, since I don't have TB, but that whole incident was...weird.  Very weird.  We also bonded over how expensive it is to get superdrunk these days, which was also weird.  She seemed mid20s, so it wasn't too weird, but it was still an unexpected conversation to have.

She also gave me a free meningitis shot, and recommended I get an HPV vaccination as well (apparently I'm already good on all half-dozen types of Hepatitis.  Yaaaay, third world!)  I'm no doctor, but I thought HPV was like a womeny thing.  But if it's free, fuck it, why not?  It'd be like taking the morning-after pill...am I gonna get pregnant? No, but fuck it let's just play it safe.

And a final word, from my good friend Rat:


No comments:

Post a Comment