Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sup fellas

I'm back! Had a solid week of setting up apartmenty stuff and moving to Knoxville and all that fun mambo jambo.

Not much interesting happened, minus this once incident where my Dad took the wrong exit and we took 75 north towards Lexington for about an hour or so before he realized we were no longer on I-40.

Yesterday was East Tennessee history day or something like that downtown, so I went on some random free tours, and discovered the most amazing and happy fact of my life: at one point, all of east Tennessee belonged to NC, so anything and everything that happened during the 18th century is a result of NC being nice to tennessee so stick that in your pipes and suck it.  I was wearing the homecoming tshirt from when we beat clemson so i laughed when tourguideman said that and said loudly "yall are all welcome, by the way" to which some tennessee fan started tryna talk shit about football (let me tell you, its one thing to know football is a way of life, but i'm fairly confident if tennessee played football at midnight christmas day or 8 am easter sunday all the churches in knoxville would still be empty #SECnation) about how state sucks, and tennessee beat state (we beat us? we sure did! can't believe we lost to us though. unbelievable), to which i just noted that the game the homecoming referenced, we beat a top25 (let alone top10) team, whereas the last 4 years UTK is roughly 0-19 against top 25 teams so suck on that you nutjobs.

I also realized that these people are very very rednecky and terrify me a lot.  But when I started talking to some of them, they were incredibly nice and helpful and truly defined southern hospitality...i'm pretty sure this is the oasis of the desert though, so I'm still gonna cut down on how much I talk to people (for safety reasons...no where on my daily planner is "get lynched" and i have no plans to add that event to mein schedule).

Also so the gates to Neyland are just left open, so people can go in and look around and get awed by the site of a gigantic 102455-seat bowl.  It's #)$@#*!@#)(*%#@ huge.  I'm so damn excited.  But the main point is that I stole my first thing from Neyland.  I have about 200 industrial sized garbage bags, courtesy of the carts they use to clean the stadium.  I figure this will meet my trash needs for about the next 39 years, so that's good.

So yeah very uneventful week.  Until next time, playas.

















"They may come to our arena...BUT THEY WILL NEVER TAKE OUR STATE!" #ourstate

No comments:

Post a Comment