Thursday, September 26, 2013

Just some general thoughts on life


It's harder than I thought to blog about stuff on a regular basis just because I’m so busy all the time :/  I’m fairly confident that no one actually reads anymore just because the update schedule is so infrequent that yall just forgot.  Whatever I don’t blame you, I wish I could blog more but who really wants to hear about what I do at work? Let me tell you, it’s a scintillating adventure consisting of a shitton of software packages that use input files that use the most convoluting and confusing syntax structures in the world.  I swear to god, every DoE lab/NE program in the country could all chip in, get someone at a good CS school to take on a project where they study the input mechanisms for these software codes, and develop a semidecent GUI.  Or even just an IDE.  Seriously how hard can it be to make something like that?  And while we’re at it, nuclear engineers, how about you take your heads out of your asses and stop using fucking FORTRAN holy crap that language is so old and antiquated and is just terrible compared to the OOP power of C.  And C already has a shiny new cover in the form of C++.  Oy vey.


Anyhoo so apparently the excuse “oh I thought this was the elevator” doesn’t work when you accidentally walk into the women’s restroom (which, coincidentally, is right next to the elevator).  I didn’t actually mean to walk in, it was legitimately an accident, I was walking and talking to a friend and she cut into the bathrommevator and I just blindly followed not realizing where exactly we were going.   Soooo…yeah that happened.


Oh and yesterday Okie’s hockey (non-UT) game was super exciting.  Their goalie was god awful, and I, being one of like literally 4 fans there, was definitely quite audible in letting the goalie know how much he sucked.  This fool had given the other team (the Fighting 7-11s) a 5-1 lead.   But slowly and sure they choked away that lead and Okie’s team took a 6-5 lead with 3ish minutes left.  Nothing eventful occurred until the Fighting 7-11’s pulled their goalie, and then Okie’s team had a breakaway, to which I bellowed “DON’T FUCKING MISS THE EMPTY NET!” and guess what the retard did? He missed the fucking net! And then Sam got mad when I called him a retard because its insulting to retards, because its not their fault they’re retarded, whereas its clearly this guy’s fault he went full retard on the empty net.  I still maintain that while calling someone retarded is not necessarily the most PC insult, that doesn’t make it wrong or inaccurate.  Just because retarded individuals can’t help their unfortunate situation, it doesn’t mean that someone of capable thought fucking up can’t be classified as ‘acting’ retarded.  It’s not exactly a winnable argument, but that doesn’t make me wrong.

On to the sporting world! So UTK played Florida in a super exciting (is it depressing that that is both super sarcastic yet super accurate? #ThirdSaturdayInSeptember) game that is one of those few games that a single (or I guess in deference to Florida's ballin' defense we'll use 2) gif accurately summarizes the whole game.



Blimey mate wat we got hurr guvnah?

We see hurr the naa-ive Gatah in eets na'achual invoironmeent



Although admittedly Peterman wasn't a whole heck of a lot better.



But then Dominique Easley (who unfortunately got injured in practice...I became a huge fan of this dude during the game, especially after he did this shit all day:)


ROLL, GATORS, ROLL!

DO A BARREL ROLL, GATOR!








It just seems so absolutely unecessary...I LOVE IT.

But shifting our attention to the other kind of football...we're still in disbelief that Arsenal signed one of the best players in the world.  They opened their checkbook past the loose change pocket, pulled out 43 million pounds, and bought MESUT FUCKING OZIL.  And its taken him 2 games to jump to the top of the EPL assists column.

Why yes hello Mesut I'd like 3 assists to go, please.


Arsenal 3-1 Stoke City 1



Yes, thank you Mesut, that will be all for today.




But after last weekend (yup back over the pond to murica football), is anyone more excited than me for this shit?
#SEConCBS

#ASaturdayTradition

#HowBoutDemDawgs

#GeauxTigers

No comments:

Post a Comment